Thai football team rescue celebrated in the Dutch media

Adjust Comment Print

Last week, Musk sent engineers from two of his companies, SpaceX and Boring Co., to assist Thai officials in the rescue effort, which comprises a large team of worldwide diving, engineering and medical experts, among other professionals. Thai and foreign divers safely led the other eight youngsters out of the cave earlier in the week. ABC News has identified the Wild Boar soccer team players Mongkol Boonbiam, Songpong Jaiwong, Ponchai Kumluang, Pipat Pothi, Duangpetch Promthep, Adul Samon, Panumat Sangdee, Peerapat Sompiangjai, Prajak Sutham, Nuttawut Takamsong, Chanin Wiboonrungrueng and Eakkarat Wongsukchan.

The youngest member of the Wild Boar team in the cave is just 11 years old.

Dr Harris is believed to have been the last person to come out of the cave, and his incredible efforts drew special praise from the leader of the rescue mission, acting Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osotanakorn.

The hazardous bid to rescue the boys - aged between 11 and 16 - started unexpectedly on Sunday when the rescue team said conditions were flawless for the evacuation.

After spending nine days in darkness they were found by two British divers, but it took another week to devise a plan to get them out through a four-kilometer long labyrinth of flooded tunnels.

Monsoon rains have started falling again in Thailand. For days, divers strategized as teams of volunteers worked to drain water out of the cave.

More news: George Clooney injured in scooter accident in Italy
More news: North Korea Calls Latest Nuke Talks "Regrettable"
More news: Late Bid From Chelsea Could Derail Jorginho Move To Manchester City

Cave-diving experts had warned it was potentially too risky to dive the youngsters out. None of the boys had ever dived before. But a short period of less heavy rainfall this week made the rescue mission possible.

Rescue workers have evacuated the last of 12 kids and their coach, who remained trapped in Thailand's Khao Luang cave for more than two weeks, the Spring News TV channel reported on Tuesday.

The SEALs say they're still waiting for a medic and three Navy SEALs who stayed with the boys to emerge from the cave. On Tuesday, the final four boys were brought out, along with their coach. He ran out of air while trying to swim out of the cave.

The eight boys brought out by divers on Sunday and Monday were doing well and were in good spirits, a senior health official said.

"We know that we can help, and they can be safe", she said in English.

It could be at least seven days before they can be released from hospital, said Jedsada Chokdumrongsuk, permanent secretary at the Public Health Ministry. Thinking about how they have been kept in a small cave for two weeks, they haven't seen their mums.