Sane remains upbeat despite World Cup snub

Adjust Comment Print

Manchester City winger Sane was expected to travel to Russian Federation after an impressive campaign that concluded with him being named the PFA young player of the season.

The Sun reports that head coach Joachim Loew was left unimpressed by the 22-year-old's attitude during a recent training camp.

We've put together a list of the 60 stars who have either been left out of their country's World Cup squad, been forced to withdraw through injury or simply failed to qualify for the competition.

"I'm obviously disappointed I won't participate in the World Cup", he wrote.

'Nothing but the best of success to the Germany in Russian Federation.

More news: U.S. first lady Melania Trump to skip G7, North Korea summit
More news: Syria's President Assad 'to visit North Korea'
More news: Trump lawyers' letter to Mueller challenges subpoena

He has found it hard adapting to Low's system, where he has been deployed in a central role, and the Germany coach can rely on Brandt more in defensive situations too.

He was rewarded for a string of sparkling displays during his best season so far when he landed the young player of the year award.

Bernd Leno, Jonathan Tah and Nils Petersen have also been excluded after making the initial 27-man provisional squad but Marco Reus and Julian Brandt are on the plane. "Leroy has a huge talent", Low said at a press conference on Monday, per Metro. "He will be back again from Sept", Low said.

Apart from an appearance in a specially-arranged match against Germany's Under-20 team last week, the match in Klagenfurt in Austria was his first full appearance since September. He had not arrived in global matches yet.

Comments