Security officials in Canada are investigating a deadly van crash that killed 10 pedestrians in Toronto.
Canadian public safety minister Ralph Goodale took to Twitter to thank the Toronto police and offer condolences.
"Grateful for the fearless and professional response of @TorontoPolice and other first responders to the horrific attack at Yonge and Finch", he tweeted earlier in the day. "Senseless violence takes heavy toll".
Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said today he had looked into the suspect of the Toronto van attack and said that Alek Minassian had no connection to national security, which is what people were anxious about.
She says police forces and governments across the province are sharing information and working together as the investigation continues.
In the video, the police are seen approaching the man, who appears to come out of the white van with an object in his hands pointed towards the officer in the street.
But the ultimate take-down of the suspect, captured on Instagram by a witness just metres from where the driver had stopped on a footpath, is described by commentators as "the one with the cop - the cop who didn't shoot".
There have been a string of deadly vehicle attacks in the United States and Europe, including an October 31 attack in NY that killed eight.More news: George HW Bush Hospitalized for Blood Infection
More news: Armenia's prime minister resigns after just six days
More news: Ovechkin, Capitals dominate Game 6 to win series with Blue Jackets
The country's prime minister, Justin Trudeau, said: 'Our hearts go out to everyone affected'. "There are so many people lying down on the streets".
He said a number of the victims were older people and at one point he saw a stroller fly into the air.
"The guy was zigging and zagging", witness Henry Yang told the Toronto Star. It destroyed a bench. He hit every single person on the sidewalk. The police have not released any details about the suspect including race, nationality or probable cause for the attack.
Meanwhile, an eyewitness told CNN that he saw the van and it appeared as if the driver was targeting people.
One man, who appeared to be in his early 20s, was losing a lot of blood, and Noorai said he brought him a towel and water and called 911.
He said: "He kept going, he kept going". It comes on the heels of several other vehicle attacks around the world, including one in a Berlin Christmas market that killed 12, a van attack in Barcelona that left 13 dead, and the truck loaded with arms that drove into a late-night crowd in Nice, France, in 2016, killing 80 people. The man is yelling and extending one arm, pointing an object at an officer standing behind a black vehicle. The police threatened the driver by saying that if he does not get on the ground, they will shoot.
In March 2016, a Canadian who claimed to have radical Islamist sympathies attacked two soldiers at a military recruitment center in Toronto.