College student found in Georgia mall had been dead for two weeks

Adjust Comment Print

The New York Post reports that Silling A. Man, a Georgia State student, was discovered in the vacant fast-food restaurant at Gwinnett Place Mall in Atlanta.

Man had first been reported missing by her family on October 8, police said.

Man was a student at Georgia State University who had been missing since October 10, 2017. Two days later, she disappeared again, picking up her final paycheck on November 20 from a different mall, Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody, police said.

Sending love to Silling's family and friends.

Silling A. Man, a 19-year-old Georgia State University sophomore, was discovered December 21 in a vacant Subway restaurant at Gwinnett Place Mall in Duluth, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Man was a psychology major that had been enrolled for the Fall 2017 semester but had not yet registered for Spring classes. Man's death is not being ruled a homicide at this time, though the circumstances surrounding her death is still under investigation.

More news: NHS winter crisis: hospitals to delay non urgent operations
More news: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Accern Reports
More news: Delta Air Lines (DAL) Given Buy Rating at Stephens

The Gwinnett County Medical Examiner's Office now says that Man had been dead for about two weeks before the body was discovered.

"What's suspicious about this case is the cause of death has not been determined".

Police at the time reported there were no obvious signs of trauma on the Asian woman's body. "I$3 f I were actively managing a large retail facility, I would hope that I would notice a body of a woman that had passed away in that facility fairly quickly".

As of now, authorities were looking into Man's activities and acquaintances to find out what led to her untimely death.

Police identified her by culling through tips they received after asking the public for help identifying her on January 2, the Gwinnett Daily Post reports. The public was asked to call Gwinnett detectives at 404 577-8477.