Meanwhile, the Delhi Police transferred the case related to the shocking incident to its Crime Branch for a detailed probe, a senior official said.
The infant died due to an infection at a nursing home after battling for life for almost a week - which jolted the entire family, which was demanding the arrest of erring doctors.
A baby who was declared dead and woke up in a plastic bag while the family was driving to his funeral has now died, according to local media. But the infant's father, Ashish Kumar, said on Wednesday that he would not take the child's body until the doctors were arrested, PTI reported.
It sparked an outrage and the stunned family rushed the newborn to another hospital, where the doctors told the family that the baby is still alive. But to their utter horror, the family found that the boy was still alive, while they were on way to do their final rites. He has also demanded the immediate arrest of the two doctors who allegedly declared his son dead. "He was unable to keep his vitals up", Gupta said. Max Hospital, in a statement on Wednesday said, "We just learnt of the sad demise of the 23-week preterm baby, who was on ventilator support". While we understand that survival in extreme preterm births is rare, it is always painful for the parents and family.
"We wish to clarify that this action should not presuppose finding of any lapse by the expert group and should not be construed in any way to be anything other than an expression of our continued commitment to providing quality healthcare", the statement from Max Healthcare said.More news: Congress is punting on the government shutdown deadline
More news: Stipe Miocic To Defend Heavyweight Strap Against Francis Ngannou At UFC 220
More news: Missing woman, 8-year-old found 700 miles from home
The baby was born at the Max Super Speciality Hospital in Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi, last Thursday but pronounced dead two hours later, the boy's grandfather, Praveen Malik, told CNN.
Delhi state government had ordered an inquiry into the incident and the preliminary report found that the hospital had not followed protocols.
The enquiry committee set by the Delhi Government to probe into it has submitted its report on Tuesday, while the final report is still awaited.
CCI also found the hospital and BD Ltd prima facie guilty of selling syringes from the hospital's pharmacy at double the MRP.